Coats of Arms House
Dirección de contacto
- Postal addressC/ Gil y Carrasco, 7
High resolution image. This link will open using lightbox, there may be a context switch
D. Manuel Francisco García de las Llanas, a permanent judge of the Ville and captain of the Regiment of Militias of León, ordered the construction of this building that dates back to the 18th century.
In the early 19th century the house is owned by the family Quiñones and later on, in 1870 Adelino Pérez Gómez family acquires it.
At present, it belongs to the Ponferrada Council.
It is a late baroque style building.
Each of the three sections on the front wall shows three different balconies on a linteled front, a flying balcony and a single balcony supported by corbels in the medium section.
High resolution image. This link will open using lightbox, there may be a context switch Another flying balcony stands over in the last body of the building; it is framed by moulding jambs, a granite corbel with concave and convex mouldings, gorget, a lower end and on each side a coat of arms with the arms that represent the two branches of the family García de las Llanas (both coats of arms from the same period of time as the house).
It is worth seeing the rear wall in the street Comendador and the group of four balconies on the first floor.
In 1989 the Workshop School of Ponferrada restored the House and changed completely the inside part of the building except for the cellar. At present this space is provide for the Museum of the Radio.